5 Ways to Enhance Your Video with Post Production in Tampa
09 May Posted at 07:00h in Articles
Did you know that it’s possible to enhance your video enormously simply in the process of post-production? You may not be entirely happy with the way the video has been shot, the location or the acting. But you can still create a great video with what you have in the post production process where you have complete creative control. All you have to do is speak to the post-production team and let them know how you would like the video to come together. Here are some tips:
- Choosing the Right Shot: If you’ve got close ups and long shots of a particular scene but one of them seems better than the other, then be sure to let the post-production person know which one you’d like to use. Or if you’d like to alternate the two, this is also possible.
- Cutting the Shot: In general, people tend to shoot more than they’re going to need. But there are some shots which just need to be very short, such as a shot which sets the scene and lets the audience know where it’s taking place. It could be a panoramic view of a city or a shot showing the outside of a house. These only need to be a few seconds long. So let the post-production team know how long you need a shot to be.
- Pacing: In some cases, such as the one mentioned above, a shot may have to be shortened. But in other cases, it’s a good idea to make sure that you’re not rushing from one shot into another. For example, when two people are talking and you’re switching between their faces, you’ll need to make sure that the conversation has the kind of normal flow you would see in real life.
- Background Music: At times, you can enhance a scene by adding background music. A dramatic scene becomes more dramatic if you add some dramatic music. But don’t make it too dramatic or else you’ll be tending towards melodrama!
- Colors/Sound: If you’re unhappy with the way the color looks on film, you can speak to the post production team to see if anything can be done about this. A film that initially looks very drab can be made to look brighter with post production. Sound can also be cleared up in the post production process.
Contact us for more great tips to make the most of the post production process.